Sunday, July 5, 2020

Militant Roots (Disco Mix Style) 4

Friday Night Rewind on hearticalfm.com
Another selection of mid-late 70s roots reggae in a discomix style. I pulled out some crucial Bunny Lee productions for a change led by Horace Andy & Johnny Clarke. Also some classic African Brothers & Jacob Miller.




Continuous mix 2 hours

Striker Lee riddim like the Don't Try To Use Me, This World, Love In My Heart & Natural Fact. Also the No One Can Tell I About Jah (Cry Tuff), I'm A Levi (Tree Roots), Conscious Man (Keyman), Roman Soldiers (Top Ranking), Take 5 (Fatman). A couple of my best 12''s - both sides of What Kind of World by Junior Byles on Observer & Revelation's heavenly With You Boy. Brent Dowe's Righteous Works on Freedom Sounds is stunning. 









4 comments:

  1. What a strong selection - beautifully sequenced always. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. give thanks mr bt. i was listening an attack records comp of bunny lee productions which set me of on this session ;)

      Delete
  2. big up my friend Militant Roots 4 just wat I need where is 3/2/1 ?

    keep safe

    bless

    RSL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. niceness rsl... just scroll down. i did the previous sessions just a few months back... ijahman levi ;)

      Delete

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome... Higha vibrations.