Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Saturday Night Steppas...

 
Saturday Night Steppas On RastFM
  
Rootsdub selections mostly from the mid-90s
Mad Professor, Jah Shaka, Aba Shanti I, The Disciples, Bush Chemists, Zion Train, Jah Warrior, Fashion, Centry, Gussie P, Conscious Sounds, The Rootsman.... Lead with the BASS..

STEP IT UP ROOTS PEOPLE...



This ya one takes me back to the heyday of that scene... The Dubclub in London, Bradford's Dub Me Crazy sessions, Messenger in Edinburgh & massive all-nighters at the Scala Brixton, Leeds West Indian Centre, Bristol, Gloucester & nuff other places around the country. Full houses every time. While I don't often play this kind a music nowadays I used to a lot to back then. It was the nu-roots ting exploding outta Yard that fully drew my attention back away from the UK dub vibes, from around the time Garnett & Luciano made it big and Buju dread up.
I continue to go to the odd sound system dance and it sounds good to me still sameway...

Continuous mix. 3hrs

2 comments:

  1. yes my friend i'm here still....how about going back to an old era & do a mix of the great Eddie Lovette ?

    bless to you & your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes man, glad to hear it.. i'd been wondering if you were still about. value the vibes and feedback breda.

      it just so happens i was getting on a revival tip already. not heard of eddie lowatta.. will look him up. give thanks man

      Delete

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome... Higha vibrations.